NEET PG Eligibility Criteria: Candidates who are desirous to appear in NEET PG can check below for the detailed eligibility criteria of NEET PG as laid by the exam conducting authority, National Board of Examinations (NBE). NEET PG is a single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses, as per the directives of Supreme Court. NEET PG will enable admissions to all government, private and deemed medical colleges across the country. Candidates are advised to carefully check the NEET PG eligibility criteria as mentioned below before filling up the application form of NEET PG.
Highlights of NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a possession of MBBS degree or provisional pass certificate recognised as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Candidates must possess a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India Quota 50% seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from medical colleges in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply. But such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Govt. of India send it to the Deputy Director (Examinations), National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-29 along with the print out of acknowledgement of submission of online application form.
- Candidates must have completed one year of compulsory rotating internship or likely to complete the internship on or before March 31.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET PG will not be permitted to appear in the examination or counselling process.
- In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing in the exam, the result of such candidates will be cancelled.
- Registration and appearance in NEET PG does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at medical institute/college or MD/MS or diploma programme.
- The dates indicated by candidate with regard to one year of rotating internship, i.e. start date and completion date will be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original certificate at the time of counselling.
- Registration with Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council is necessary and a document proof should be furnished at the time of counselling.
Note: A candidate can register and appear for NEET-PG only once for admission to a particular year.
The domicile status of candidates except for Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is clarified below:
Domicile Status for NEET PG
|S.No.||Domicile state||MBBS state||Eligibility for All India Quota 50% seats|
|1.||States other than AP/Telangana/J & K||AP/Telangana/J & K||Eligible provided they submit the affidavit as mentioned in the official brochure|
|2.||AP/Telangana/J & K||AP/Telangana/J & K||Not eligible|
|3.||AP/Telangana/J & K||States outside AP/Telangana/J & K and foreign institutes||Eligible|
NEET PG will be a computer based test (CBT) consisting of 300 multiple choice questions. NEET PG is scheduled to be conducted in December 2017. However, the online registrations begins from September 2017 and candidates can fill the application forms till October 2017.
How to Join NEET Program on Eckovation
Step 1: Download Eckovation App
Step 2: Join the group using group code: 136982