All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post-Graduate Test (AIIMS PG) is a national level exam to the postgraduate courses across AIIMS, held for admissions to MD, MS, M.Ch..DM and MDS programs. It is conducted twice a year (January and July) by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Through this entrance exam, the admission will be offered in various AIIMS medical colleges within India. The exam is in online mode. Candidates who appear for this exam have to answer 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) type in 3 hours for MD/MS MDS courses.
The total marks of the paper are 200 for MD/MS courses. For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.33 marks will be deducted. This information is according to AIIMS PG Exam Pattern of the last exam that was conducted. Candidates can expect the pattern to remain the same.
If you are confused that how to start preparation for AIIMS PG EXAM then there are some steps to start preparation for AIIMS PG exam.
We look at how to proceed from here to the exam day.
Tips & Tricks to crack AIIMS PG Exam
1. Studying ‘more’ isn’t key
- For most of you, “more study” is better but with an important caveat. Studying more will help, provided you are able to concentrate and learn. If you find it difficult to concentrate on or understand what you are studying, it is time to take a break.
- Most of you who are not working or do not have any other major demand on your time can study 6-8 hours a day.
2. Know your Syllabus
Well! Candidates have to make sure that they know the entire syllabus of AIIMS PG Exam. Knowing what the entire syllabus of AIIMS PG is made of gives a head start to the candidate and the candidate can decide on which books are to be referred. Candidates can check the AIIMS PG Syllabus on their official website.
3. Study Schedule
- Candidates should create a study schedule for themselves to divide the time in a better and efficient manner.
- While making their study schedule, candidates should make sure to keep switching subjects in between to avoid making the study session monotonous.
- Candidates should also include short break times between their study schedule to get some rest and have a fresh mind.
Study Materials and MCQs for the Exam: Click Here
4. Sample Papers and Mock Tests
- Candidates are advised to solve sample papers and previous year’s question papers to understand the exam pattern and the type of questions which are likely to appear in AIIMS PG.
- Sample papers and previous year’s question papers also help enhance the accuracy and increase the speed of solving the exam paper.
- Online mock tests contribute in making the candidate more time efficient by doing the tests within the time limit prescribed.
Free Test Series Program for AIIMS PG Exam on Eckovation App (Group Code: 136982): Click Here
5. Maximize your chances of selection with maximum attempts
- In AIIMS PG Exam you need to score 60–70% marks including negatives for selection. You have to attempt around 90% to fall in that range.
- You need 6-7 months of focused preparation to crack AIIMS PG Exam. Don’t cram, understand well….at the end your basic knowledge matters.