The biggest surprise of this year’s AIIMS PG was the introduction on Video/GIF based questions. This marks the beginning of a newer, more clinical based approach of AIIMS exam. Will NBE follow suit?
We collected information from 3,000+ students who took AIIMS PG exam on 18th November 2018 to help you understand how the exam was for others.
We have consolidated data from all the responses and have tried to present an accurate picture of the exam standard.
Overall Difficulty of AIIMS PG 2018 Exam: 18 Nov
The exam was moderate to difficult:
- 35.4% of the students said that the exam was Difficult
- 61.6% remarked that the exam was Moderate
- Only 3% felt that the exam was Easy
Pattern of questions of AIIMS PG 2018:
- Most questions were concept based clinical scenarios, candidates say that good clinical knowledge is required for cracking this exam.
- More than 30 image-based questions and 5-6 video-based questions
- There were around 15 repeat questions from previous AIIMS exam.
- A lot of topics were repeated and newer updates on those topics were asked.
Subjects with low weightage:
Anesthesia, Psychiatry, ENT, Biochemistry
Subjects with high weightage:
Medicine, Pathology, Surgery, OBGYN, Pharmacology
How many questions did students attempt?
According to our survey, the maximum number of candidates attempted 180-195 questions.
|No. of questions attempted||Percentage of candidates|